Effective Date: November 1, 2019
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information about You that You Provide.
TECH, and/or its Service Providers (defined below), may collect information you provide directly to TECH and/or its Service Providers via the Service. For example, TECH collects information when you use or register for the Service, subscribe to notifications, post on the Service, participate in promotional activities, or communicate or transact through the Service. In addition, when you interact with Third-Party Services (defined below), you may be able to provide information to those third parties.
B. Information Collected Automatically.
TECH, its Service Providers, and/or Third-Party Services may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Service (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Service, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent Usage Information is combined by or on behalf of TECH with TECH-Collected PI, TECH does not consider Usage Information (including, without limitation, unique device identifiers) to be Personal Information or TECH-Collected PI.
The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Service and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result some features, and functionalities of the Service may not work. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file which may be placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won’t control them. To identify certain types of local shared objects on your device and adjust your settings, please visit: www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from TECH’s web server, or from a third party with which TECH works and is active only while you are connected to the Service and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain third-party services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by TECH and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain third–party services. See Section 10 regarding certain choices regarding these activities.
TECH is giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them explained in Section 10 so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
C. Information TECH Collects From Other Sources.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN.
- Allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Service;
- Facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your online experience;
- Transact with you, provide services or information you request, respond to your comments, questions and requests, serve you content and/or advertising, and send you notices;
- Improve the Service and for any other internal business purposes;
- Tailor our content, advertisements, and offers;
- Fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so; and
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
3. INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES.
TECH may share non-Personal Information, and Personal Information that is not deemed TECH-Collected PI hereunder (provided that TECH is aware of no restrictions of TECH’s use, if any), with third parties for any purpose. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we and third parties may convert your Personal Information, including TECH-Collected PI, to non-Personal Information, including without limitation through hashing it or substituting a unique identifier for the Personal Information and we and third parties may use and share that data as permitted by applicable law, including to match data attributes to and from other sources. Any such third-party activities are subject to their privacy policies and practices. TECH’s sharing of TECH-Collected PI is, however, subject to the following:
- Marketing: Subject to your communications choices explained in Section 10.C, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications. Absent your consent (which may be by means of opt-in, your election not to opt-out, or a third-party interaction described in the next bullet point), however, TECH will not share your TECH-Collected PI with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, except in connection with Corporate Transactions (defined below).
- Your Disclosure or Consent: As more fully described in Section 5 (Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Social Features, Advertising and Analytics), your activities on the Service may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your TECH-collected Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information and your non-Personal Information) with third parties and by engaging in these activities you consent to that and further sharing and disclosure to third parties. Such third-party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third party, not TECH.
- TECH’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to, your information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, Demographic Information, and Usage Information, in connection with their work on TECH’s behalf, provided however, TECH does not authorize its Service Providers to use TECH-Collected PI provided by TECH to the Service Providers to send you direct marketing messages other than related to TECH absent your consent.
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and, where permitted, in response to a government request; and
In addition, TECH may share your TECH-Collected Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information and your non-Personal Information), in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual financing of our business, or merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of TECH assets, or transfer of all or a portion of TECH’s business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding (“Corporate Transactions”).
EEOC / Affirmative Action Reporting. In conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) and similar state and local regulatory agencies, we may ask you to provide us with self-identifying information (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity). Providing such self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with such information, we may submit that information to the EEOC, the OFCCP and similar state and local regulatory agencies or otherwise use or disclose it for business-related purposes, including, without limitation, responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements and defending against employment related complaints.
5. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, SOCIAL FEATURES, ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS.
The Service may include hyperlinks to, or include on or in connection with, the Service (e.g., apps and plug-ins), websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties (“Third–Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.
Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third-Party Services, such as third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Service and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” TECH’s content; logging in to the Service using your Third-Party Service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Service); and to otherwise connect the Service to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Service). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Service or by the Third-Party Service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with TECH in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Service or otherwise by TECH. Also, both TECH and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and any Third-Party Service.
TECH may engage and work with Service Providers and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on third-party services. Some of these ads may be tailored to your interest based on your browsing of the Service and elsewhere on the Internet, which may include use of precise location and/or Cross-device Data, sometimes referred to as “interest-based advertising” and “online behavioral advertising” (“Interest–based Advertising”), which may include sending you an ad on a third-party service after you have left the Service (i.e., “retargeting”).
6. DATA SECURITY AND MONITORING.
TECH takes reasonable measures to protect TECH-Collected PI from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and TECH does not guarantee the security of your information collected through the Service.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children less than 13 years of age.
TECH does not intend to collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) (“Children’s Personal Information”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If we obtain knowledge that we have collected Children’s Personal Information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
9. ACCESSING AND CHANGING INFORMATION
TECH may provide web pages or other mechanisms allowing you to delete, correct, or update some of the TECH-Collected PI, and potentially certain other information about you (e.g., profile and account information). TECH will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in TECH’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information or public postings from TECH’s databases and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, we reserve the right to retain data (a) as required by applicable law; and (b) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
10. CHOICES: TRACKING AND COMMUNICATIONS OPTIONS.
A. Tracking Technologies Generally.
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-third-party-local-shared.html. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Some App-related Tracking Technologies in connection with non-browser usage (e.g., most functionality of a mobile app) can only be disabled by uninstalling the app. To uninstall an app, follow the instructions from your operating system or handset manufacturer. Apple and Google mobile device settings have settings to limit ad tracking, and other tracking, but these may not be completely effective.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, TECH currently does not alter TECH’s practices when TECH receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com, but TECH is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third party information. Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. One way to potentially identify cookies on our web site is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser (www.ghostery.com), which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the web sites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies. TECH is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this tool or third-party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third party analytics and advertising providers, see the next section.
B. Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails or text messaging) from TECH at any time by (i) for promotional e-mails, following the instructions provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or if available by changing your communication preferences by logging onto your account and (ii) for text messages, following the instructions provided in text messages from TECH to text the word, “STOP”. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address or phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, TECH may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or TECH’s ongoing business relations. Except in connection with Corporate Transactions, to prospectively opt-out of our sharing of your Company-Collected PI with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, contact us at email@example.com.
12. CONTACT TECH.
© TECH 2019. All Rights Reserved.